Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Beautiful, Beautiful

What is beautiful?
In the eye of the beholder, beauty can be anything.
I believe I have been gifted an eye that beholds a multitude of definitions of beautiful. I find beauty in things that are not typically considered such.
I have an eye for art and colour and texture.
But.
It's more than that.

It's faces of people I see, and it's not just their inner beauty I see, I truly believe I have eyes that see them in their best light - and it has nothing to do with the lighting. I have had several conversations with friends about self-image and naming our faults that we hate about ourselves. These are women I find SO beautiful! I have sometimes wondered if I could capture what I see on film, if only there were a shutter behind my eyelids. Then I found a different way to capture it.  A word portrait. Describing each friend as I see them. I hope to gift several special friends with a printout of this word portrait.

It's an amazing feeling to gift that....

There is a quote: "Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us, or we find it not." - Ralph Waldo Emerson.  By that reasoning I figure I must have an abundance of beauty in me because of how much I see.

And then I wonder, why can't I give myself that gift? My friend recently blogged a wonderful post about why she loves all the different parts of herself. And I wonder again, why can't I give myself that gift? And so I am determined to do it. In the next week or so I am going to look in a mirror and list all the things I like about myself. If you don't see it posted, call me out! :) Hold me accountable, I must do this! I will do this.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...