Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Hope Floats

An incredibly inspiring woman in my Church, (since her story isn't really mine to tell, I'll call her V) died last week after several months battling cancer, despite her faith that she would be healed. From the instant V shared her diagnoses at Church she was full of life and hope, she believed God had shown her she would be healed, and that's how she lived, along with her friends and family, for the next several months, full of hope and positive thinking.
Her strength and joy were so inspiring, even though I only had one interaction with her, and it was after her diagnosis, she left me inspired that I could make it through even the darkest times with joy and peace. And I'm not the only one, I heard others tell they feel the same way, and I saw it in faces of the people around her each Sunday.
Now that she has passed away, unexpectedly to those of us who believed strongly with her that she would experience healing, it's a bit of a let down. Why was she given such faith for something that wasn't to be? That question hasn't lasted very long in my mind because this week has been full of testimonies of people who's lives she touched, many were a lot like me, who were especially impacted because of the way she lived in the darkest of days. Her faith during the most difficult days of her life blessed just about every person who encountered her in these last months.
There is no doubt healing happened. V is now completely healed, enjoying the presence of her Lord and making her presence known, no doubt. And I'm positive there are many healed hearts here on earth because V's faith was able to renew the faith, hope, joy and strength of those who were witness to hers. I have a feeling I'm not the only one who now aspires to be the kind of witness for Christ that V was.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...